Sample Prayer Guide
Adapted from "Powerful Prayer For Every Family" by Dr. Greg Frizzell
Spend a few minutes in praise and thanksgiving
- Praise and thank Him for His characteristics: Love, mercy, power, grace, faithfulness, etc
Praise and thank Him for His blessings and answered prayer
- Salvation, health, finances, guidance, strength, etc.
Embrace a time of repentance, confession and yielding to Christ’s lordship
- Ask God to search your heart and reveal any hidden sin.
- Ask God, “Is there anything wrong in my life? Is there anything I need to change?”
Spend a few moments interceding for Kingdom issues
- Pray for the salvation of lost people
- Pray for spiritual growth in your family
- Pray for your church and pastor
- Pray for Powell Terrace Food Pantry
- Pray for our missionaries and other ministries
Spend a few moments praying for personal and family needs (petition/supplication)
- Pray that God would protect you and your family: Protection from harm, evil, illness
- Pray for the needs of you and your family: Finances, wisdom, strength, healing, for godly spouses, etc.
Be sure to listen to God by meditating on His word
- What is He telling you to do?
- What steps do you need to take in order to be obedient to Him?